PUBLIC SAFETY & FIRE MANAGEMENT PLANS FOR THE MOSCONE CENTER
The purpose of this plan is to provide information necessary to maintain acceptable levels of fire and public safety within the San Francisco Convention Facilities. These are the minimum fire safety requirements which shall apply to all events whether open or closed to the public. A Fire Marshal has been appointed as the official staff representative responsible for enforcing all fire and safety rules and regulations. The Fire Marshal is required to:
- Provide guidance to Show Management for floor plan preparation.
- Review proposed floor plans, booth layouts and construction (including special suppression systems if required).
- Monitor the facility for prohibited processes and equipment from set-up through show hours and dismantling.
- Monitor all exhibitions to assure that interior finishes and furnishings meet code requirements.
- Review the permit requests for use of restricted materials.
- Make final inspection and approval of a show prior to opening.
- Review plans for new construction and tenant improvements.
- Maintain and update the Emergency Plans.